Do you ever look for someone to blame when something goes wrong with your finances? Or maybe you feel like you’d be further ahead if things could be just a little bit different?
Blame is not about understanding what happened and why; it is about making the other person responsible. Blame makes them less and takes you off the hook.
Do you ever:
- Think your debt is not your fault
- Feel your partner is responsible for your financial situation
- Blame your parents for not teaching you about money
- Feel hopeless when it comes to changing your finances
- Think someone else controls your finances
- Help others when you should be helping yourself (martyr)
You are the only thing holding you back. Instead of placing the blame on others; here are a few ways you can start to look at yourself.